Today we spent the day playing in downtown Chicago! We found that we were actually a little further from the city than originally thought (35 miles) so instead of fighting drivers and having a bunmer of a day, we decided instead to hop a train and go to Union Station which is only about 2 blocks from the Sears Tower.
Now if you haven’t already heard by now that building is no longer called that, but rather Willis Tower, perhaps you have been living under a rock. Regardless, I think the name is lame, and since I have called it Sears Tower for the entirety of my life, I (as I would guess most of the American public) will continue to call it by its proper name: Sears Tower.
After arriving at the building, we had to wait about an hour which included going though airport quaility security, then we were allowed to take the 60 second ride up to the 103rd floor to the “skydeck.”
New to the skydeck is what they call “the ledge” which is a series of glass boxes protruding from the building that you can walk into and look straight down. If you look at the top of the building in the photo to the left, you will see the three boxes protruding. It was really cool to step into one and look down at the buildings and ground below.

0 comments:
Post a Comment