Today we left Minneapolis and traveled though Wisconsin and then into Illinois. So far this is what I have learned: Montana is slightly less boring than I remembered; Wyoming has some really beautiful areas in its northern corner; South Dakota has to be the most flat and boring place in the north west portion of the US; Minnesota has some fun places, and very nice people; Wisconsin is a very beautiful state with rolling hills, and many, many dairy farms; and Illinois drivers suck.
It has been really fun to watch the natural scenery changing from the tall mountains and thickly forested evergreens in northern Idaho, to the flat plains of South Dakota. Then to the gradual change of evergreen trees to deciduous trees and finally to thickly forested deciduous trees.
Today we stopped in a city just outside of Chicago, and tomorrow we plan to go into the city to visit a few places, but our main goal is to visit the Sear Tower (now called Willis Tower.)
Wisconsin scenery. (I would have pictures of Illinois, but I was too busy fighting off rabid drivers.)

0 comments:
Post a Comment